I've been experimenting with my new (to me) Ebay find, a Pullen Pleater. It's been a bit challenging to master. I broke a lot of needles trying to make a machine designed to pleat batiste to work on the heavy upholstery weight fabrics I want to use. I finally got it to work and was happy to discover that I actually liked what it looked like when it came out of the indigo vat, not something that always happens. What I've learned so far is that there is a sweet spot that varies with the weight of the fibers, the density of the weave, the width of the fabric in the pleater and the number and placement of the needles. That's a lot to tinker with when you're trying to come up with something. Add to that the variable nature of the indigo vat, and every piece that comes out of the vat is a wonder. Now I just have to reproduce about 6 yards of this one to use as a border on roman shades.