For the second year in a row I used fabrics provided by Riley Blake to stitch up a crib quilt. They sent 6 different prints:
I've been playing around with improvisational quilting a bit, but never tried to use it formally in a quilt. I thought it would be interesting to take the prints, cut them up, piece them together and then repeat the process until they had become a new pattern. The process of piecing them was really engaging. Each round brought a new pattern, and it was hard to know when to stop. Ultimately it was the calendar the drove my decision. I ended up with 4 blocks and a couple of strips.
I came to these blocks through a circuitous design process, but that's a post for another day. For now I've got to get back to work.