Here's the other side of the collar. Now that the collar is finished I can start to work on the sleeves.
Having finished the back and most of the front I've moved onto the collar which I've patched with scraps of clay-resist printed cotton that's been indigo dyed. There's also a small scrap of a handwoven cotton I picked in one of the water towns near Shanghai and a few other random bits that filled in the small spaces.
I found on old color card from years ago that had little 1" x 2" swatches that are perfect to fill in the tiny little areas that pop up around pockets. They're too small to effectively turn under the edges, so I'm stitching them on flat. I figure they'll be sufficiently stitched through to eliminate them coming away at the edges.
Everything was looking too much the same, so today I found a couple of scraps with more color. On the lower right is a piece of fabric I'd block printed on years ago. It was awfully muddy and drab, so like just about everything in my life that is white, cream or natural, it had a couple of dips in the indigo vat. To my eye, everything looks better after it's met indigo! I'm constantly amazed that no matter what I throw in the vat, it comes out looking better.